- 2-3 medium size new potatoes, or 4-6 fingerling
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 celery branch
- 1 leek
- 3-4oz of pancetta dice
- 2 tsp of butter, salt, peppers, bay leave
- 2 tsp of flour
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of oyster juice
- 1 cup of milk
- 25 Blue Label Oysters
- Cut in 1 inches cubes all your vegetables, start to sauté them at medium without coloration, with the pancetta, butter, salt and peppers for at least ten minutes.
- While your vegetables are cooking, start to put a dozen oysters at 2 minutes in the micro-wave.
- Yes, your read it well, in the microwave! It will just release the muscle of the oyster and be very easy to open them. I let them fall open onto a bowl with all the juice. When your finished, take the oysters out of the juice and place in another bowl. Strain the juice.
- Before to add the white wine, you can put some flour to make like a little roux that will give some consistency later. Deglaze with wine and let it boil for 2 minutes. Pour in the oyster juice and add the milk. Let it steam with a lid for another 10 minutes at low, making sure to stir.
- I always put my oysters when my potatoes are almost cooked and my sauce napping the spoon smoothly. Putting them to early risk to make the oysters chewy. You can always finish your soup with a cloud of "crème fraîche".
- I like to finish my plate with a couple oysters on top of the soup and chopped herbs and sometimes, a little Antonius Caviar.
Perfect for a confort-food supper in about 25 minutes.
Enjoy your meal!